Partial hospital program (PHP)
Circle of Hope partial hospitalization program (PHP) uses evidence-based treatment, skill enhancement, and 12-step programming to improve a person’s ability to function in daily life. The PHP program offers onsite housing and access to staff 24 hours a day. Generally, PHP is for patients that have completed detoxification either at Circle of Hope or another detox facility.
Our clinicians perform a thorough assessment, to determine if partial hospitalization is an appropriate level of care.
When a client has met their goals in PHP, they would be considered for step-down to our intensive outpatient program (IOP).
The professionals in our drug treatment programs recognize the fact that our clients will make progress at their own rates. Initially, addicts need medical and nutritional attention in order to begin restoring physical balance. From there, they start to explore the underlying issues that have contributed to their addiction, such as anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder.
A good candidate for the Partial Hospitalization Program is one who has:
- Completed detoxification
- The capacity to fully participate
- A reasonable expectation of improvement
- A good outside support system at home or in the community
PHP Treatment Includes:
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment planning
- A consistent program running five to seven days per week
- Medication management — meeting with a psychiatric provider weekly
- Daily group therapy — including specialty groups and peer groups that are psycho-educational and/or psycho-dynamic. Topics will include:
- Substance abuse
- Introduction to the 12-step program
- Grief and loss
- Trauma survival
- Family patterns
- Interpersonal relationships
- A community meeting group, including the welcoming of any new individuals
- Progress reviews on treatment goals
- Addressing any concerns or challenges the client is experiencing
- Personalized, individual therapy
- Recreational therapy, including exercise classes, yoga, and access to exercise equipment
- Family therapy — the family is key to recovery, and we encourage family participation at all levels of care
- Aftercare and discharge planning (a necessary component in this level of care)